Take a second to let this sink in… YOU NEED TO LOVE YOURSELF.
We often find ourselves running around with a thousand things on our minds, putting everything and everyone before ourselves, that we forget that we can’t really give our 100% if we, ourselves, are not up to par.
So this Valentine’s Day we want to encourage you to take some time for you, not only now, but every week if possible. This can be a day, an hour, or 15min. Treat yourself with some much deserved time to recharge, to take care and nourish your body and soul.
Here are a few ideas on how to do it!
- Start each day with a positive thought, only you can seize your day.
- Look at yourself in the mirror a little longer and focus on those features you love. Admire your uniqueness. Smile back at yourself.
- Move your body. Walk, run, jump, bike, squat, do whatever gets your endorphins flowing. Amaze yourself with what your body is capable of doing.
- Nourish your inside with nutritious food and a lot of water. Notice how your body re-energizes naturally.
- Surround yourself with amazing people, those who lift you up, those who inspire greatness.
- Entertain yourself. Take some time to just watch something you really want, could be an Academy Award nominated drama to bawl your eyes out, or a Real Housewives of wherever reality show to laugh and rest your mind.
- Get creative. Do that hobby you never have time to do. Paint, draw, scrapbook, cook, dance, do whatever you’ve been putting off for all the responsibilities taking over.
- Take a long bath… or shower. Use all those wonderful products still in boxes and pamper yourself from head to toe. Let your skin and your mind soak it in.
- End your day in gratitude. Be thankful for all the good things of that day and your life.
- Sleep in. Yes! Plan ahead if you must, but take a day to wake up whenever your body feels fully rested.